Saturday, September 27, 2008

I read my 2015 diary

Daylight was pouring through the windows of the wagon. The smooth tweeters gave a shrill and the air conditioner soothed the eyelids. I preffered Pink Floyd.
I have yearned for cars. Those days, our neighbours used to have a Premier Padmini.. I used to wonder why people call it Fiat. It used to be mode of travel for our imaginary journeys to the destinations of which always used to change.

Bangalore is a nice to place to start your career with if you dont consider the 'harsh reality' part of it. All you need is to do is to adopt yourself to 'swalpa adjust maadi' ing with the people.
Those days, I used to walk everyday to office in the morning. Bangalore wakes up late and all you get is some half sleeping magas serving masala dosa.
I used to meet those people who sleep in the roadside.. Those children.. Who used to sleep tasting the taste of tar. And that small boy who always sits near traffic signal and wishes me as I pass.
I never used to wish him back. Those were days when I started building my bourgeois basements. I didnt know then that happiness is inversly proportional to bank balance.

Then I started to go by autorickshaw to office. I saw less of the road side people. I used to take a book to read on the way. Kipling, Dickens, Byron,.. Now I saw a different set of people. Life changes right.?
I was sent onsite to the city of angels. Ya, You are right. I got a bike after I returned from there. I used to like those long distance trips with my sweetheart. Hmmm.. Motorbikes.. Its one of crazy inventions of mankind. I was a part of 4 minor accidents in bangalore from 2009 till 2012.

I was sent onsite to the land of rising sun. Needless to say I came back. I bought a Audi Q7 Quattro.. I married my sweetheart. I started delivering lectures on the 'six sigma' and have written a few books about them also.. Next time if you go to landmark, see them in 'Non-fiction' section in the first floor.
Here I am.. I have shifted to the fourth gear and its now its 'The great gig in the sky' in the stereos. Pink Floyd is immortal and so is audi Q7.

Nowadays I realised that I am not at all noticing the roadside children. Those people have never changed. Still someone sits near the signal. Still those homeless children on Tar road.
Its cold in Bangalore nowadays.. I feel like burning all the literature I have read to warm them up. Who is joining with me.?

No comments: