Wednesday, April 30, 2008

SHE

I saw her after a long time. Her voice was still sweet giving some reminiscence of the distant past. She had given up singing though. Bangalore is too vast a place where you can meet an old friend when you are on a shopping spree. But it so happened that I met her in a commercial mall on a sultry sunday afternoon.

We stayed in a small town in central Tamil nadu long back. I still have fond memories of that place. She was my neighbours daughter. My earliest memories about her was playing with a bunch of friends around a papal tree.

"So you are in Bangalore for how long?" she asked.

"exactly 2 years.." I said. I had been Bangalored for so long.

"You must be living in a PG and should be a smoker" She asked.

"The first half of your sentence is true"

" I am with I******s for last two years, I moved to Bangalore recently"

" Oh cool.. Welcome to Bangalore then". I had a warm smile.

"Hmmm.. I dont like cities da.. I still like the woods and the papal tree that we used play around"

" I still go back to those days.. When I am down.. you know". I must be lying here.

"Oh.. Really.. you used to think about me" She giggled.

"Not always.. But sometimes when I see a Papal tree"

" Are you still afraid of butterflies..?"

"Ya.. I am still.. I still consider them as insects.. Its wings are ugly advertisements"

"Hmm.. I had missed you for long time.. I always thoug............"

Trrrrrrrrrrrrring..

My cellphone alarm rang and I got up. I had to rush to WC. Life is like that.

No comments: