Monday, May 7, 2007

** Enemity **

Last week I was reading a book called "The art of war". It was a book written in 250BC by a chinese general called Sun Tzu.

The book was full of tactics that one should adopt in a battle. I found striking some striking similarities.

It says "one who takes allies for granted will lose friends, but one who takes enemies for granted will lose himself ".

"My world is defined by my enemies. Friends always encourage me for whatever I do. Enemies sets the benchmark. They push me towards peak. I can live in a world without friends, but I cant live in a world without enemies" says Tsing-Ti, an emperor in han dynasty.
Now...Are we living in a world which is void of enemies..?

US is a developed country now because they had an enemy in the form of USSR. European countries are developed because there was an enemity during second world war. Japan also took part in second world war. You can see that all the developed countries now took part in some battle in last 100 years. All the technological developments have been from such countries.

Interpolating this, I would say, Sri lanka or some African country (like Uganda!!!) will be the next superpower. The enemity is in their blood. The brain behind any innovation is surely the rage to vanquish the enemies.
Just because we don’t have that rage.. Just because we were told to do 'satyagraha' to make things happen.. I think we lose the edge.
Right from the childhood we were taught not to quarrel with others. But it had made us meek, made us like little kittens.
We don’t fight for our rights. We take things as it comes to us. We live life at surface level. We get stressed because we are denied rights. We show a cold face on loved ones because of that. We end up in a complete mess.
Our rage should be always towards the enemy. Our mind should always think of how to anhilate them with our skills. That’s how we can reach the pinnacle.
It also suits to ones personal life- Have a lot of friends on whom you can trust. But don’t forget to have an enemy.
Let there be force. The force to fight.
Be a rebel.

Auf wiedersehen.

No comments: